Whether you need help with a divorce, child custody & visitation, property division, alimony, or any other type of family law, we can help. Let us be your Atlanta Family Lawyer as well as your fierce advocate - we’ll help guide you on your next step.
Immigration law is a complex area of law and one that is forever changing and evolving as state and federal laws are modified, particularly anytime there is a change in administration. Attorney Judith Montgomery is a product of immigration, and as such, we know firsthand what it takes to protect the rights of those who are looking to achieve the American Dream. No matter if that dream includes seeking citizenship, attaining a Visa, or going through any other immigration-related case, an experienced Atlanta-Buckhead Immigration Lawyer will be able to help.
IMMIGRATION LAWYER IN ATLANTA-BUCKHEAD, GEORGIA
Statistics from Data USA show that in Atlanta-Buckhead, Georgia, despite having a very small population, still boasts a foreign-born population of about 2.6%. These immigrants are responsible for the rich, diverse culture we see in Atlanta-Buckhead and it is exciting to see many more people pursue immigration to this area each year.
According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, more than one million people obtain lawful permanent resident status in the United States each and every year, with many proudly calling Atlanta-Buckhead their new home. The American Immigration Council reports that approximately 10 percent of all individuals living in Georgia were born abroad, and one out of every 13 residents, or about 7.7%, is a natural-born citizen but with at least one immigrant parent. The top nation that immigrants in Georgia originated from is Mexico, followed by India, Korea, and Guatemala.
In spite of the high immigration numbers, the United States’ immigration laws are notoriously complex and challenging to navigate since they feature input and requirements from multiple different agencies, including:
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Immigration Court
- Board of Immigration Appeals
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals
If you are facing the prospect of immigrating to the U.S., whether as an individual, family, or business, an experienced Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer will be able to help make sense of the process and help make sure your immigration goes as smoothly as possible.
WHY DO I NEED AN ATLANTA-BUCKHEAD IMMIGRATION LAWYER?
An Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer will be the best advocate you could wish for if you are hoping to immigrate to the United States, regardless of why you are looking to come here. People are often interested in coming to the United States for a number of reasons, including:
- They currently work for or are going to accept a position with a corporation that is based in the U.S.
- They own a foreign company and are now looking to establish a presence within the U.S.
- They are international medical school graduates who wish to work in a medically underserved area in the nation.
- They are artists, entertainers, or athletes who wish to obtain the proper visa necessary to perform or compete in the U.S.
- They are individuals who wish to attend school, work, and raise a family in the U.S.
WHAT CAN AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY HELP ME WITH?
Whether you're heading to Atlanta-Buckhead for a visit, are planning to stay temporarily for work-related reasons, or you are interested in moving here as a naturalized citizen, an Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer will be able to provide the services necessary, including:
- Guidance in determining the proper visa necessary for your stay based on your status as a worker, student, or relative of a citizen.
- Assistance with citizenship services, including ensuring that all of the required paperwork is filed with the agency that requires it.
- Assistance with immigration-related issues, such as expired visas and removal actions.
- Assistance with removing immigration conditions in order to allow you greater freedom in the U.S.
- Guidance to employers who wish to attract or keep foreign workers in the U.S.
- Help for refugees who are seeking asylum in Atlanta-Buckhead.
There are many different types of visas for non-immigrants in Atlanta-Buckhead including temporary business visitors, treaty trader or investors, specialty occupation professionals, special education and educational exchanges for trainees, interns, and research scholars, and NAFTA professionals. There are also several immigrant visas for individuals and families, including those for aliens with extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, multinational managers and executives, advanced degree professionals, and skilled or unskilled workers. For families, an Atlanta immigration lawyer can assist with Alien Relative Petitions in all family-based preference categories, marriage-based adjustment of status, fiance visa applications, naturalization, parole in place for military family members, and replacement of lost permanent resident cards.
ATLANTA-BUCKHEAD, GEORGIA - FULTON COUNTY IMMIGRATION RESOURCES
IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY (OR LATE) TO REACH OUT TO AN ATLANTA-BUCKHEAD IMMIGRATION LAWYER
Whether you're in a foreign country and are planning to move to Atlanta-Buckhead or you're here already and need assistance with immigration-related services, NOW is the right time to reach out to an experienced Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer who can provide guidance in your situation. The immigration process is time-consuming and involves complex court-ordered requirements that are best met through early and thorough preparation.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED ATLANTA-BUCKHEAD IMMIGRATION LAWYER RIGHT AWAY
Don't leave your dreams of living, working, and raising your family in Atlanta-Buckhead up to chance or to the discretion of various federal agencies. Let us help you understand your options and provide you with the immigration services you deserve. Contact us for a consultation and learn more about we can help fight for your immigration rights.
When should I contact an Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer?
ou should get in contact with an experienced Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer as soon as you realize you are facing ANY immigration issue, including:
- Green card eligibility
- Work or student visa eligibility
- Assistance with any family-based immigration matters (such as a K1 visa)
- You have received notice of deportation proceedings
Is it worth hiring an Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer?
The process of immigrating to the United States is notoriously challenging. An experienced Atlanta-Buckhead immigration attorney will be able to help make sure you meet all eligibility requirements, don’t miss deadlines, and follow the process exactly. Any mistake made throughout this process can cost years, not to mention risk the immigration approval altogether. Working with an Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyer will give you the best possible chance at an easy immigration process.
How do I find a good immigration lawyer?
Finding an immigration lawyer in Atlanta-Buckhead that you truly trust to fight for your future is an important decision. When talking to Atlanta-Buckhead immigration lawyers that you are potentially going to hire, here are a few questions you can ask in order to get to know them better:
- Do you have experience with cases similar to mine? What was the outcome of those cases?
- What is your best guess as to how long my immigration process may take?
- How do you assess your fees and what would you estimate that this process will cost me?
- How will I receive updates on my immigration case and who will I communicate with at the firm?
- What is your honest assessment of my immigration case? Do you believe I will be successful?